If you don’t know what the Harlem Shake is (???), then you should read this.
- The Harlem Shake dance was originally called the “albee”, because it was introduced by a Harlem resident, a man named Al B.
- It obviously originated from Harlem, New York.
- 3. Al B is quoted saying that the dance is “a drunken shake anyway, it’s an alcoholic shake, but it’s fantastic, everybody appreciates it.”
- Despite the fact it was introduced in 1981, it went mainstream in 2001 while being featured in a music video.
- The song featured in the video is called “The Harlem Shake”, by Baauer.
- The video usually last from 30 to 35 seconds. One person will dance while the song begins (they are usually wearing a silly costume). Then, when the bass drops, everyone is dancing like crazy for the next fifteen seconds of the video.